RE: RF/LF

Boaz,

Yes, that is the general direction we went. We made the PCS/XGXS processing
of ordered sets as simple as possible. We only operate on them as needed to
control EMI impact. Therefore, the 8B/10B encoding function sends POS after
/A/. The decoder does not try to restore them back, it just passes what it
receives.

Regards,
Pat

Boaz Shahar wrote:

> Rich,
> Unfortunately I missed the discussions about RF/LF (Had to be in the XAUI
> sessions). From the least I sow at the end, I thought that only the Tx
> machine in the PCS-PMA of the DTE-XGXS considering any of the faults (In
> order to come to a state where you transmit POS after /A/). Is this
correct?

> And:
> In the Rx direction you do not have to alternate the XGMII anymore-rather
> you send the POS code whenever it comes, because the RS resets its machine
> only after 128 non fault indicated bytes, and the max distance between POS
> is 32 (Max A distance).
>
> Is this correct?
>
> Thx. for your help,
> Boaz

Richard Taborek Sr.                 Phone: 408-845-6102
Chief Technology Officer             Cell: 408-832-3957
nSerial Corporation                   Fax: 408-845-6114
2500-5 Augustine Dr.        mailto:rtaborek@nSerial.com
Santa Clara, CA 95054            http://www.nSerial.com