From: Roy Bynum [mailto:rabynum@mindspring.com]
Sent: Saturday, January 27, 2001 4:03 PM
To: Booth, Bradley; HSSG
Subject: RE: Clock Tolerance and WAN PHY

Brad,

Just because the objective was vague doe not mean it was without
meaning.  By your reasoning, I could just as easily state that RL/LF
functionality is out of scope, as it was not included in the
objectives.  Just as the objective for a LAN PHY carried with it the
inferred lack of need for management overhead, the objective for the WAN
PHY carried with it the inferred need for management overhead.  Please
refer back to the all of the traffic on the reflector and to the
presentations concerning the management overhead requirements for a WAN PHY.

Thank you,
Roy Bynum