RE: Chapter 46: preamble length

Bob,

The way it is specified in older versions at receive
across MII/GMII is a start of frame with just SFD and also
a start of frame with 7 bytes of Preamble and 1 byte of SFD.

I do not see a preamble being /S/ + 2 bytes of Preamble (0x55)
+ 1 byte of SFD (0xD5) across MII/GMII. So,  why do you think
/S/ + 2 bytes of preamble + 1 byte of SFD across XGMII
is NOT a CHANGE but keeping /S/ + 6 bytes of preamble
+ 1 byte of SFD is a CHANAGE and required?

Thanks,
Sanjeev