RE: 1550nm Serial PMD Question

Marshall,

There was never an intent to do this. Sorry if this was confusing. These
links were intended to be lowest cost PHYs. Even if the center wavelength
matched the ITU grid, there was no desire that the spectral width would meet
ITU requirements. To do so would have added significantly to the cost.

jonathan