[802.3ae] Re: Question on the Maximum number of packets per second

Joshua,

I can not give you the specific formula for calculating the maximum and minimum range of maximum packet transfer rate.  I do know that it is somewhat non-deterministic within that window, even from one day to the next from the same system because of clock temperature drift.  That is the reason that I do not believe that 10GbE, as it is now defined should not be part of a synchronous network infrastructure such as OTN with a +20PPM clock on the WIS and +100PPM clock on the rest of the system.

Thank you,
Roy Bynum