[802.3ae] XAUI Rj TR comment

To all concerned,
     I put in a TR Comment against D3.1 stating the desire to put a
maximum
limit on the TX Rj.  This comment was rejected and left unresolved.
There was fairly wide agreement that having a max limit on TX Rj should
be done but that we should first get a broader input on what this limit
should be.  I took on the action item to start a reflector discussion to
determine this limit.
     The current draft sets a limit for Tj and a limit for Dj and then
defines Rj aa Rj = Tj(max) - Dj(actual).  The TR comment proposes that a
limit be set for Tj, Rj and Dj and that Rj(actual) + Dj(actual) <
Tj(max). There is a presentation that we are developing that
attempts to figure out a limit for Rj.  It can be found at
http://www.ieee802.org/3/ae/public/documents/XAUIjittercomments.pdf.
Please review and comment.
     This presentation also brings out a problem with the current Jitter
Tolerance test technique.

Howard Baumer