RE: [802.3ae] XAUI Rj TR comment

Kesling,

Thanks for the redirection. Regarding the activity to define these terms,
please be aware that the jitter test methodology being used in clause 52 is
substantially different than the prior art referenced here from Fibre
Channel and Gigabit Ethernet. Most of the concepts are the same (from a
theoretical perspective), but much of the similarity ends there.

I do not recommend that the XAUI group use this new method (though it should
provide some advantages). But, please be aware and understand it during the
course of refining the definitions.

jonathan