Re: AW: [802.3ae] XAUI Rj TR comment

Anthony,

I have some questions about your comments below and the MJS document.  Hopefully you can help me out.

- The MJS document Figure C.2 is adding the RJ by adding a white noise source after the BERT or pattern generator.  In your comments below, it sounds like you propose changing that white noise source to be added to the BERT clock source.  Is this correct?

- In Figure C.2, the White Noise Source is specified as 500Mhz<Bandwidth<1Ghz.  Does this mean that all frequencies are between 500 Mhz and 1Ghz or does this mean that the top white noise frequency is between 500 Mhz and 1 Ghz?  I think your comments below seem to indicate that it is the latter.  If it is the latter, is the bottom end of white noise source supposed to be the PLL corner frequency of 1/1667?

- Is there a recommended method to adding this white noise source to the BERT clock source?  Does this white noise source exist or can it be created with a known circuit?

I appreciate any help you can give.

/Brian Cruikshank

anthony.sanders@infineon.com
Sent by: owner-stds-802-3-hssg@majordomo.ieee.org