	From: brian.cruikshank@mindspeed.com
	Sent: Wed 8/15/2001 4:14 PM
	To: Lindsay, Tom
	Cc: anthony.sanders@infineon.com; stds-802-3-hssg@ieee.org
	Subject: RE: AW: [802.3ae] XAUI Rj TR comment

	Tom,

	Thanks a lot.  I am starting to understand.  It took me a little
while to find the presentation you referred to that updates the MJS
document.  For others here is the location:
ftp://ftp.t11.org/t11/pub/fc/mjsq/99-618v0.pdf.

	I have some new questions now.

	Below you mention that the white noise RJ needs to be well above
the PLL frequency but does not have to be all the way up to 1.5 Ghz.  Is
this the consensus of the group.  It looks from Section 47.3.4.5 that
the low frequency of RJ is 20 Mhz, but no high frequency is specified
yet.  If the high frequency does not have to be 1.5Ghz, then should it
changed in 47.3.4.5 and Annex 48B and a number agreed upon?

	Below you mention bandlimiting on the summed signal.  If the
clock source is frequency X.  What would you filter the output signal
with?  It seems that if you filter too much you loose some of the
jitter.  If you filter too little, you may have some erroneous clocks.
If the high frequency RJ (around 1.5Ghz) is not needed, I suppose this
problem becomes easier.

	Is there any early version of the new Annex 48B available?  or
when is Draft 3.2 going to be available?

	/Brian

	"Lindsay, Tom" <tlindsay@stratoslightwave.com>

08/14/01 11:19 PM