RE: [802.3ae] Wan Interface Sublayer

Mike,

The WAN PHY can be transported at the optical layer just like SONET or
SDH.  Because it already has performance overhead, it does not need
additional infrastructure, such as digital wrapper, to provide performance
and provisioning support over the optical network, just like SONET or SDH.

Thank you,
Roy Bynum