[802.3ae] Question about Clause 48 /D3.2

Rich,
My interpretation to lines 17-18 of table 48-2 is that while TXC=1,  all the
values of XGMII.TXD which are appearing in table 36-2 and not explicitly in
48-2 are translated to PCS Code-Group according to table 36-2, and are
defined as "Reserved XGMII Character" (According to the "Description" Column
in48-2). I suppose that if the intention was to translate it to K30.7, it
would be written explicitly, as was done in the next line for "Any other
value".

However, in page 315, section 48.2.4.4 says (L 18): "The PCS transmit
process replaces all reserved XGMII control characters with /E/".

So, the question is what to do with the "Reserved XGMII Characters" which
are appearing in table 36-2 and not in table 48-2.

Thx.,
Boaz