Re: [802.3ae] FW: WIS MIB list of open issues and recommendations for resolution

Dan

As one of the people that participated in obtaining the payload label "C2
set to '00011010'b", it was my belief that this label was specific to the
IEEE definition of the Ethernet WAN PHY, which takes the entire "SONET/SDH"
concatenated payload.  All other so called mappings do not carry that
definition.  "X.86" is specifically "Ethernet over LAPS".  It already has a
different C2 label code.  "g.GFP" is specifically "Generic Framing
Procedure" which is defined as also being able to provide mapping for
protocols other than Ethernet.  What the C2 label for this is going to be,
I have no idea.

Thank you,
Roy Bynum
Orbital View LLC