Re: [802.3ae] Clarification of the 10GBASE-W ELTE function

Gary,

I hate to burst your balloon.  "PJCs" do cause data errors.  The PJC is in
response to the buildup of data block alignment offset.  That means that
somewhere between PJCs, the data starts to get "bit" errors.  The more of
them that there, the more that the data will be unreliable.  This was seen
in the early POS interfaces (OC3/STM1) interfaces that I deployed before
the vendor has "loop" timing working properly.

Repeatedly,  the 802.3ae Task Force has stated that the 10G Ethernet WAN
PHY was not intended to be a "client" signal on an ADM.  Trying to "shoe
horn" it into an ADM is in violation of the purposes and intentions that
the Task Force had for the WAN PHY.  The only recognized and supported use
of the 10G WAN PHY was to be a "peer" on an optical network though the
"ELTE".  The "ELTE" is reflected in part by the T1X1.5 contribution of the
non-isosynchronous "path relay".

Thank you,
Roy Bynum