RE: [802.3ae] WIS test Pattern PRBS Generator Polynomial

I have no idea what concepts are being floated regarding the 2**31 PRBS,
why it is required for 64/66 testing, and why it will be required for WIS, or
whether it will be optional in all cases.  I scanned the serial-PMD email and saw
nothing definitive.

Regarding the current implementation,
I'm not sure why the PRBS generator polynomial is not specifically specified for
802.3ae.  The idea that it be tied to a specification in another forum through
two layers of documents seems impractical.  And, O.150 says that the specified
polynomial MAY be used to generate a 2**23-1 sequence.

802.3ae specifies that it be reset every frame, inverted every frame, but not
what polynomial to use.  Seems inconsistant.  And, if ITU decides to recommend
another polynomial, do we really want to change all WIS hardware?

Bruce