[802.3ae] Clarification of the WIS link status bit ( 45.2.2.2.2 WIS link status (2.1.2) )

Title: RE: [802.3ae] Link Fault Signaling due to FIFO under/over run

Hi All,

Could someone clarify what the definition of WIS link status is.

45.2.2.2.2 WIS link status (2.1.2)The WIS link status bit shall be implemented with latching low behavior as defined in the introductory text of 45.2.

My interpretation is that the wis link is down when there is receive LOS, LOF, or excessive B2 BER.

Is my interpretation correct, somewhat correct or way off.

Thanks for your feedback!

Tim

Timothy Kelly
Intel corporation