[802.3ae] FW: Report regarding last week's meeting and forward-looking plans.

All,

The following is a report of the IEEE P802.3ae (10 Gigabit Ethernet) special
interim meeting to resolve issues with Clause 52 of the 10 Gigabit Ethernet
Draft Standard. Clause 52 specifies the 10 Gb/s Serial PMD which is directly
referenced by 10GFC Clause 6. Note that the schedule outlined by the IEEE
P802.3ae chair, Jonathan Thatcher, indicates a Standard ratification by
June, 2002. This is an extremely aggressive schedule and absolutely requires
tight coordination between optical PMD experts from NCITS T11 and IEEE
802.3. Please note the strong desire for a co-located special IEEE P802.3ae
meeting with T11 during its April, 2002 Plenary week. More details on this
meeting will be announced shortly.

Best Regards,
Rich

Richard Taborek Sr.                     Intel Corporation
XAUI Sherpa                    Intel Communications Group
3101 Jay Street, Suite 110    Optical Strategic Marketing
Santa Clara, CA 95054           Santa Clara Design Center
408-496-3423                                     JAY1-101
Cell: 408-832-3957          mailto:rich.taborek@intel.com