RE: [802.3ae] Query : 10G Ethernet RMON status !!!

I did not change the subject line, though IMO the question does not relate specifically to 10G Ethernet.

That is an interesting question. My interpretation is that 'lack of resources' in a probe includes all that stands between what is running on the wire, and what is being counted by the probe. As Geoff Thompson pointed the RMON authors had rather in mind the probe memory and processing resources. On the other hand, there is no mapping of the aFramesLostDueToIntMACRcvError object in any other counter in the etherStats MIB group. The reasonable interpretation would then be to add the value of this counter to the number of events that fall under etherStatsDropEvents.

However, I am not aware about implementations doing it actually.

Regards,

Dan