RE: 64/66 control code mapping

I would agree that we have to be careful in how we think of XAUI, XGMII and
64/66 encoding.  In the standard, XAUI and XGMII may be optional
instantiations of service interfaces.  XAUI being an instantiation of the
XGXS service interface.  XGMII being an instantiation of the PCS service
interface.

As of yet, the Task Force hasn't decided what those service interfaces look
like, but I think it would be fair to assume that the PCS service interface
is a 32 bit data interface and the XGXS service interface is a 4 pair
differential interface (one direction only of course).  If that is that
case, then the 64/66 proposal should be based on the 32 bit data PCS service
interface, rather than the XGXS service interface.

If the 64/66 proposal could show how it is implemented using a XGMII and a
XAUI, then I think that would help show a PCS service interface
implementation and a XGXS service interface implementation.  The XGMII
implementation would be closer to being a true PCS proposal.

Thanks,
Brad