HP Survey... Cabling Ad Hoc: IEEE P802.3 Higher Speed Study Group -
- To: stds-802-3-hssg-cabling@xxxxxxxx
- Subject: HP Survey... Cabling Ad Hoc: IEEE P802.3 Higher Speed Study Group -
- From: Bruce_Tolley@xxxxxxxx
- Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 09:05:35 -0700
- Sender: owner-stds-802-3-hssg-cabling@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
FYI for the team.
---------------------- Forwarded by Bruce Tolley/HQ/3Com on 06/15/99 09:02 AM
Alan Flatman <a_flatman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> on 06/15/99 04:20:26 AM
Sent by: Alan Flatman <a_flatman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Bruce Tolley/HQ/3Com
cc: Bob Musk <bob_musk@xxxxxx>
Subject: CON CALL DETAILS 6/15: Cabling Ad Hoc: IEEE P802.3 Higher Speed Study
I request permission for a slot at the Montreal meeting to present the
findings of a survey of in-premises optical fibre which was recently
commissioned by Hewlett Packard.
The objectives of this survey were as follows:
1. analysis of installed optical fibre to end-2000
2. segmentation by fibre type (50MMF, 62MMF, SMF)
3. MMF segmentation by modal bandwidth
4. installed backbone length distributions
5. installed fibre bundle size & overprovision
6. Western Europe & United States addressed
The presentation would be presented by Bob Musk of HP and Alan Flatman, an
independent consultant. I would suggest 1 hour.
Apologies, I am unable to join your conference call today due to a 4.30pm
flight (8.30am West Coast time). Good luck.
Dr Alan Flatman
LAN Technologies UK
Office Phone +44 1260 297966