Below is a first cut of the objectives intended for use in justification of
a PAM5 PAR. I tried to simplify the list from the Albuquerque meeting to
sharpen our message.
- Provides significantly lower cost over proposed installed base
- <1/2 of the cost of proposed WWDM solutions
- support for up to 300m of installed 62.5um MMF
- Prototypes demonstrated by 802.3ae sponsor ballot
- Allows scalability to 40gig using WWDM (then 80/100gig?)
- XAUI compatible
- Form factor supports high port-count implementations
I look forward to everyone's comments.
N. Patrick Kelly
Strategic Silicon Labs
Level One Communications, an Intel Company