RE: PAM5 Objectives

Rich,

Thanks for the comments.

Which SMF objectives do you think PAM5 should address?  2 + 10km, or all
three?  Can PAM5 address the 40km objective (which now needs to compete with
60-80km solutions...)?

In my mind, low cost over the installed base is the most attractive
possibility for PAM5.  On the other hand, a single PMD that could meet all
802.3ae objectives would also be attractive, though I can't comment on
feasibility.

Regards,

Pat

N. Patrick Kelly
Engineering Manager
Strategic Silicon Labs
Level One Communications, an Intel Company
(916)854-2955