RE: RE: 850nm-4WDM-1.25Gbaud

Jaime,

I was on the conference call even though my name was not listed in the
minutes.  If you remember, I was the one that stated that your chances of a
separate PAR were probably not that good, but that you had other means, such
as a consortium, to continue this work.

I was not disagreeing with the rest of Ed's email, just the following
statement made in the first couple of paragraphs.

To quote Ed: "At initial selection, we will try to select seven proposals,
then narrow down to four.  As you said, there are only three; therefore, we
need four more to go at the initial proposal."

The IEEE does not need seven PMDs for the initial proposal.  The initial
proposal may only contain three or four PMDs.  It may only contain two PMDs.
The motion that was made in Albuquerque was to reduce the number of PMDs to
seven, not increase the number of PMDs to seven. :-)  If 2, 3, or 4 PMDs
satisfy the TF voters in July, then that will be the number of PMDs we move
forward with.

On another note... what the 10GEA decides, does not supercede what the IEEE
decides.  The 10GEA may take any stance it likes on what PMDs should be
included with 802.3ae, but it is ultimately up to the task force to decide
which PMDs will be included in the standard.  That said, ignoring that
information would be a mistake.

Cheers,
Brad