XAUI Jitter Telco
24th January 2001
10:30 (PST)
19:30 (CET)
Duration 90mins
Outside US : +1 865 5253200
Inside US  :    800 8919585
Participant Code : 674 870

Please find a list of the open action points for this mornings/evening
XAUI Jitter Telco. We will most likely concerntrate on the two main
issues i.e simulation results (section 10) and patterns (section 6).

I would ask that the simulation results be distributed before the
meeting to the following list of people, (I believe the reflector will
not accept attached .pdf).

Ali Ghiasi <aghiasi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
"Anthony.sanders@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <anthony.sanders@xxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Adam Healey <ahealey@xxxxxxxxxx>,
Allan Liu <allan_liu@xxxxxxxxxxx>,
Bijit Patel <bijit_patel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Bob Smith <robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Dennis Petrich <dpetrich@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Jason Chen <jchen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Jeff Cain <jcain@xxxxxxxxx>,
Jeff Porter <j.porter@xxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Jim Hesson <jhesson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
John Wright <john.wright@xxxxxxxxx>,
Kesling Dawson W <dawson.w.kesling@xxxxxxxxx>,
Mike Jenkins <jenkins@xxxxxxxx>,
Peter Dartnell <dartnell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
"Rich Taborek Sr." <rtaborek@xxxxxxxxxxx>,
Richard Dugan <richard_dugan@xxxxxxxxxxx>,
Robbie Shergill <robbie.shergill@xxxxxxx>,
Ron Miller <rmiller@xxxxxxxxxxx>,
Schelto vanDoorn <schelto@xxxxxxx>,
Shawn Rogers <s-rogers@xxxxxx>,
"Tord Haulin <tord.haulin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Leo Wong" <lwong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Tom Lindsay <Tom.Lindsay@xxxxxxxxx>

Open Actions :

1.2 Very low frequency jitter definition frequency and amplitude

  A- Extention of lower frequency down to lower frequency should be
  done as comment to D2.1 (Adhoc)

2.5 IEEE Sections, Annex´s and References

  A- An additional Annex shall be written to cover methodology
  A- Section for Clause 47 to be written (Anthony, end week).

4.3 DJ from Channel Compliance

  A- Jitter group must decide whether to accept min/max channel
  compliance, and new jitter numbers. (See Complete Model)

4.4 FEXT/NEXT (Cross Talk)

  A- Crosstalking specifications from typical connectors to be
  collected from connector manufacturers by Rich and Ali.

  A- Theoritical simulation of expected differential crosstalk to be
  done (Anthony)

4.6 Return Loss

  Concerns exists concerning current RL specification.

  A- Verification of max/min capability of RL required. Distance of
  the first connectors from the driver should be verified for WC.

  A- Jeff Cain and Tom to try and quantify RL requirements.
    - See section 10. concerning overall verification.

6.4 Defined patterns

  A- Open issues concerning patterns to be closed (Rich.T, Mysticom,
  Tom Lindsay, Tord)

6.4.1 Compliance Definition

    A- Tom.L to get reflector traffic moving with respect to transmit
    pattern issue.

6.5 Test Equipment for Pattern Compliance testing

  A- Input concerning types of equipment available (All)

10. Overall Verification of Jitter Budget

  A- Ongoing simulations for verification of newly proposed jitter
  numbers and patterns are ongoing by
    - Jeff Cain
    - Tom Gray
    - IFX