[802.3ae_Serial] Sine interference in stressed eye

All -

Since the rush of the meeting, I have done some more analysis on the amount of sine interference required to generate the stressed eye we have prescribed. In summary, I was able during the meeting to determine that 1/4 closure with the sine signal was not sufficient to create the level of required jitter, but I was not able in time to determine if 1/3 was enough. (For those that did not attend, D4.3 prescribes that at least 2/3 of the vertical eye closure should be accomplished with a filter - see page 480, line 26. D4.2 prescribed at least 1/2.).

My latest analysis shows that approx 1.1 dB of sine interference is required, meaning that in some cases, 1/3 is also not sufficient (for example, -L where the total required closure is 2.2 dB).

Background:
Model:
Other:
Comments?

Tom
Stratos NW
(425) 672-8035 x105

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:Lindsay;Tom
FN:Tom Lindsay
ORG:Stratos Lightwave;Opto NW
TITLE:Prin. Engr.
NOTE;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:Home: lindsayta@xxxxxxx=0D=0A=0D=0Aom
TEL;WORK;VOICE:(425) 672-8035 x105
TEL;HOME;VOICE:(425) 775-7013
TEL;CELL;VOICE:(206) 790-3240
TEL;WORK;FAX:(425) 672-8014
ADR;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:;;6100 219th Street SW=0D=0ASuite 520;Mountlake Terrace;WA;98043
LABEL;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:6100 219th Street SW=0D=0ASuite 520=0D=0AMountlake Terrace, WA 98043
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:tlindsay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
REV:20020219T195001Z
END:VCARD