From: MTDudek@xxxxxxx [mailto:MTDudek@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 26 April 2002 07:18
To: tlindsay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; stds-802-3-hssg-serialpmd@xxxxxxxx
Subject: [802.3ae_Serial] D4.3 ballot comments

I have only two comments that I think are worth changing the draft for at
this stage.

On page 483 by adding things about decision sampling into the description of
the reference receiver we may have implied that it may contain a limiting
amplifier and retimer.  While this would be OK for 1300 and 1550 nm.  It
won't work prior to the transversal filter for 850nm.

Suggested solution.  On line 18 change to "For 10GBASE _S the reference
receiver must be linear and is followed by a transversal ......".  Limiting
amplifiers and retimers are assumed to be part of the BERT.

On page 499 in the footnote to Table 52-25 in draft 4.2 there was an editors
note to remove the sentence   "TIA...... is presently in ballot".  draft 4.3
removed the editors note, but didn't remove the sentence.

Suggested solution.  Remove the sentence.

Mike Dudek