	Von:  MTDudek@xxxxxxx [SMTP:MTDudek@xxxxxxx]
	Gesendet:  Montag, 29. April 2002 08:26
	An:  tlindsay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx;
stds-802-3-hssg-serialpmd@xxxxxxxx
	Cc:  david.kabal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; bradley.booth@xxxxxxxxx
	Betreff:  Re: [802.3ae_Serial] Re: D4.3 comments

	I don't think we actually have a problem with Draft 4.3 for the L
budget.  I think Tom is quoting from the informative example budget (which
is no longer called the worst case budget.).  If this is where he is getting
the 9.4dB from. (and I think that is the only place in the standard it is
mentioned.) it is a perfectly valid example budget with the footnote stating
that it uses 3.0dB TDP.    We could have used Tom's option 2 as a different
example budget with the footnote changed to say using 3.2dB TDP, but I don't
think option 1 is necessary i.e. now that we call this table an example
budget I don't think the TDP used for the table has to equal the max value
of TDP in the transmitter table.