RE: Assumptions

Are you suggesting that ethernet traffic will be carried directly over
Sonet rings, i.e. the ethernet MAC hooking to a Sonet PHY directly
connected to the ring? If so, I hadn't thought of it in that manner.

I assumed the 10G ethernet would be switched/bridged/routed to the Sonet
ring and, therefore, the switch/bridge/router could easily absorb the
minor differences in speed.

Walt