Re: What is ~10 Gb/s?

At 01:04 AM 6/21/99 -0500, Thirion, Walt wrote:

Ok, I would like to get the discussion really going...

4. When we talk about a direct connection to the WAN, is there also an
assumption that we will pick up the integrated management, i.e.
self-healing Sonet rings?

Walter Thirion
Level One Communications
512-407-2110

<<<<
Walt-

I would not make ANY assumption about the integrated management.
It seems to me that managed or raw is a separate discussion. The discussion
needs to be explicitly had separately so that 802.3 understands the issues.

Geoff
|=========================================|
| Geoffrey O. Thompson                    |
| Chair IEEE 802.3                        |
| Nortel Networks, Inc.  M/S SC5-02       |
| 4401 Great America Parkway              |
| P. O. Box 58185                         |
| Santa Clara, CA 95052-8185  USA         |
| Phone: +1 408 495 1339                  |
| Fax:   +1 408 988 5525                  |
| E-Mail: geoff_thompson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  |
| Please see the IEEE 802.3 web page at   |
 http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/802/3/index.html