Re: What is ~10 Gb/s?
- To: "Thirion, Walt" <wthirion@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: What is ~10 Gb/s?
- From: gthompso@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Geoff Thompson)
- Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 08:56:37 -0700
- Cc: "'stds-802-3-hssg-speed@xxxxxxxx'" <stds-802-3-hssg-speed@xxxxxxxx>
- Sender: owner-stds-802-3-hssg-speed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
At 01:04 AM 6/21/99 -0500, Thirion, Walt wrote:
Ok, I would like to get the discussion really going...
4. When we talk about a direct connection to the WAN, is there also an
assumption that we will pick up the integrated management, i.e.
self-healing Sonet rings?
Level One Communications
I would not make ANY assumption about the integrated management.
It seems to me that managed or raw is a separate discussion. The discussion
needs to be explicitly had separately so that 802.3 understands the issues.
| Geoffrey O. Thompson |
| Chair IEEE 802.3 |
| Nortel Networks, Inc. M/S SC5-02 |
| 4401 Great America Parkway |
| P. O. Box 58185 |
| Santa Clara, CA 95052-8185 USA |
| Phone: +1 408 495 1339 |
| Fax: +1 408 988 5525 |
| E-Mail: geoff_thompson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx |
| Please see the IEEE 802.3 web page at |