Re: [802.3_1TPCE] "Automotive" verses "In-Vehicle"

Geoff,

Thanks for the information.  This is good to know.

Best regards,

Colt Correa
www.intrepidcs.com
Vice President - Bus Dev
31601 Research Park Drive
Madison Heights, MI 48071
Mobile: 586 201 6159
A member of the Automotive Engineering Tool Alliance -- find out more at http://www.aeta-rice.com
ICS_AETA

On Fri, Jul 18, 2014 at 5:06 PM, Geoff Thompson <thompson@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Colt-

The focus of the 1TPCE project is indeed "automotive" rather than "vehicular".
That limited focus shows up in the tech objective which is 15 meters.
That short reach is recognized as limiting for generalized vehicular use.

Once we get the standard established we will, of course, be tickled to have uses found for it elsewhere.
But it in the meantime the project is carefully focussed on automotive, its needs and its volume.

Best regards,
Geoff Thompson