[STDS-802-3-25G] Nov 2014 Plenary Meeting and Call for Presentations

All,

The 25 Gb/s Ethernet over single-lane Study Group will be held during the  November 2014 Plenary  Meeting in San Antonio.

Meeting details may be found at http://802world.org/plenary/

The Study Group will be meeting all-day Tuesday Nov 4th and Wednesday Nov 5th.   I will try to coordinate topics with the P802.3bs 400GE group to not create too much overlap for people and we will not be meeting on Thursday morning for that reason.

We made good progress in the Sept meeting and adopted all of the necessary work needed for Study Group completion.  The official work for the week will be getting our work reviewed by other WG, then adopted and approved at the 802.3WG level.  However, as discussed in September, we can still meet to make progress on technical contributions and proposals in order to review and build consensus towards our anticipated first Task Force meeting in January.

We’ve been having some effective ad hoc meetings and I am hoping we build on that work during the Plenary week.

Anyone wishing to present, please note the Procedure for Presenters web page:http://www.ieee802.org/3/25GSG/public/presentproc.html (Please not the filename recommendations)

For the November Plenary meeting, requests for presentation time shall be made to me at mnowell@xxxxxxxxx  and must be made by Friday, Oct 24th, 2014.  The presenter shall e-mail a PDF, soft-copy  by Tuesday of the following week  (Oct 28th, 2014).  Early requests are appreciated for planning purposes.

 I look forward to seeing everyone in San Antonio!

Regards,

Mark Nowell

25Gb/s Ethernet Study-Group chair