[STDS-802-3-25G] How to pronounce XXVAUI

All,

On the subject of how to pronounce XXVAUI...

For consistency, I think it should be pronounced Zih-Vow-ee. The  first X is pronounced Z as its done in XAUI and the second is silent. This is clean and three contiguous syllables versus "X X Vow-ee" which is three separate terms in sequence and sounds stuttered or "Twenty-Five-Gig-Ow-ee" which is completely inconsistent with precedent.

The only possible point of confusion for my proposal would be if we ever produced a 15G spec, which I think is low risk.

I hope this makes sense to everyone.

Dan Dove
Chief Consultant
Dove Networking Solutions