From: RABINOVICH, Rick (Rick)** CTR ** [mailto:rick.rabinovich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, February 25, 2015 11:17 AM
To: STDS-802-3-25G@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [STDS-802-3-25G] Market Fragmentation

Hi Dan,

I do concur with your comments.

As a switch manufacturer I believe that fragmenting the market into niche ports defeats the broad market potential. Directly or indirectly the feedback I always get from end-users is to deliver plug-and-play solutions rather than pick and choose what you specifically need today even though it may become useless when different needs appear next year. Other system manufactures may get a different feedback and their comments are welcome. I rather move in the direction of a coherent and comprehensive solution.

Thank you,

Rick Rabinovich
Principal Hardware Design Engineer
Distinguished Member of the Technical Staff
Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise
T:  +1 818 878 4584
26801 West Agoura Road
Calabasas, CA 91301