[STDS-802-3-25G] P802.3by reminders and meeting planning

Dear colleagues:

A reminder of the contribution deadlines coming up for the 802.3by Interim meeting.

Upcoming Interim meeting in Pittsburgh
May 20-22nd
Presentation request deadline: Friday May 8th
Contribution submission deadline:  Tues May 12th

We’re going to have a tight schedule in Pittsburgh (I know you’ve heard that from me before) since we have a hard stop on Wednesday afternoon due to the social and Friday afternoon will be undesirable for substantive work due to Memorial Day travel.  So, please expect Thursday to be a full day (and potential evening).

Our goals for the meeting will be to primarily to review the comments received on the D1.0 and to adopt responses and resolve issue towards generating D1.1.  With regards to contributed presentations, I am expecting  them to be focused on specific comments and the proposals to resolve.  I am strongly encouraging the authors to include some detailed instructions to the editorial team on the changes they are proposing to the draft.  As always, contributions with greater consensus building are preferred.  If the authors also expect to make a motion, I would request to have an indication of this at the same time as the presentation is submitted to me.

The current thinking is to use the Wednesday afternoon to address the Big Ticket Items and make decisions around those topics.

Regards…Mark