Re: [STDS-802-3-25G] Power Consumption of of 25G RS-FEC

Well said !

I can only add that I love my Mum, and apple pie is nice.

From: Brad Booth [mailto:bbooth@xxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, July 15, 2015 1:00 PM
To: STDS-802-3-25G@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [STDS-802-3-25G] Power Consumption of of 25G RS-FEC

Jonathan,

No disagreement on doing things for the right reasons.

The issue is, which reason is the right one? :-) For some applications, latency is a big issue. For others, power could be an issue. And was mentioned on Monday, the ability to not have to create an engineered link could address issues.

The great thing is that the task force is considering these things and truly looking at if we can do a 3m no FEC. The task force is not ignoring the ask, and that's great because for 25G Ethernet, that server to switch link is going to be the dominant volume.

I know I'm preaching to the choir when I say that getting this right will be a big win for the specification and the market. I believe that's why we're seeing the passion and dedication from our fellow colleagues to bring us data. :-) All goodness in my books.

Cheers,
Brad