Re: [STDS-802-3-25G] Question about Table 45-210 EEE advertisement and Table 45-211 EEE LP ability

The PMA/PMD support of EEE for all 3 modes is identical, so get it right once and you're done there.  And it's likely already there for 10GE backward compatibility support.

It's in the FEC logic that you add time and effort to create and validate the new EEE feature.  So in the short term you'll invest in enabling the RS-FEC operation, then work on EEE for RS-FEC, but time to market may have you ship before the EEE development is done.

By advertising each mode independently you could save area by excluding BASE-R FEC EEE operation in your design.  RS-FEC and 64/66 modes RapidSync are pretty much free since they use the same methods as normal block sync, while BASE-R uses an orthogonal approach.

I guess during AN since you know the PHY type and mode you've chosen you could dynamically adjust your NP advertisement if necessary.

I'm good with only 1b for 25G in 45.2.7.13 and 14.  If you can't support it for all modes, then you never set it or adjust it on the fly based on what you resolved to.

-Jeff