[STDS-802-3-25G] 3m no FEC straw poll results

To facilitate offline consensus building, below are the results of the two straw polls collected today:

Straw Poll #1:
To address the "3 m no FEC", I would support:
A. one of the normative proposals for making component specs (TX, cable, RX) more strict, to ensure that any combination of compliant components supports 3 m no FEC.
B. adding an informative (eg annex) to 802.3by, to suggest a method of achieving 3 m no FEC.
C. neither of these options
D. No opinion/don't care
* Chicago Rules
* A: 39    B: 30     C: 3     D: 9

Straw poll #2:
To address the "3 m no FEC", I would support:
A. one of the normative proposals for making component specs (TX, cable, RX) more strict, to ensure that any combination of compliant components supports 3 m no FEC.
B. adding an informative (eg annex) to 802.3by, to suggest a method of achieving 3 m no FEC.
C. neither of these options
D. No opinion/don't care
* A: 37  B: 19  C: 0   D: 7