Re: [STDS-802-3-25G] Late contribution

Dear Colleagues,

This is my late contribution, because I came up with this idea only after P802.3by 25GbE

Ad Hoc meeting on January 13 which was already past the deadline of the presentation request.

If there are too many objections to my first proposal to merge Two PHYs to Single PMD,

this is an alternative solution which keeps Two PHYs but merges Two PMDs to Single PMD.

There are no difference in functionality with this change.

However, it significantly improves the abstraction, and makes the standard easier to understand.

I hope that the task force is generous enough to consider this late contribution as one option.

Best regards,

Yasuo Hidaka

Fujitsu Laboratories of America, Inc.