[802.3_25GSMF] FW: [802.3_25GSMF] [STDS-802-3-25GSMF] IEEE 25GSMF Study Group Mar 2016 - Agenda and Call for Presentations

All,

A friendly reminder to please send me presentation requests for our 25 Gb/s SMF Study Group meeting in Macau.  Although the announcement below said requests are due by March 3rd, it is not necessary to wait till then.  I’m trying to plan our agenda so that I can share it with others ahead of the meeting.

Some suggestions are:

1.       Presentations on technical feasibility from some of those that have already built 25 Gb/s transceivers for 10km and 40km reaches.  This includes 100G LR4, ER4 and non-Ethernet modules, where the sub-components operate at 25-28 Gb/s.

2.       Presentations from equipment builders and users on the need for 10km and 40km SMF reaches at 25 Gb/s.

3.       Presentations from cabling suppliers on the existing installed base(s) of 10km and 40km links.

The main goal in Macao is to have our PAR and CSD responses ready for consideration at the 802.3 WG closing plenary.  It will help our cause if we can  demonstrate broad support and participation.

Regards,

David Lewis

SG Chair