[802.3_400G] July Plenary 400GbE Study Group Meeting Materials Uploaded

Dear Study Group Participants and Members of the Dialog Reflector,

The meeting materials for the July IEEE 802.3 400 Gb/s Ethernet Study Group meeting have been uploaded and may be found at http://www.ieee802.org/3/400GSG/public/13_07/index.shtml.

Two things to note –

Please take a moment to review http://www.ieee802.org/3/400GSG/public/13_07/bhatt_400_01_0713.pdf

I am anticipating that we will charter an ad hoc to generate a proposed liaison for the IEEE 802.3 Working Group for consideration.  If formed I will appoint Vipul Bhatt to chair this ad hoc.

Also, please note that Michael Teener will be giving an update on Time Sync activities.  This has been discussed in relation to the new 400G architecture and is very relevant for us.  This meeting will be at 11am on Wednesday, and I anticipate that members of other 802.3 Task Forces and Study Groups may attend.  1 hour has been put aside for this meeting to allow Michael to give us an update and to allow for further discussion.

I  wish everyone safe travels and will see you next week in Geneva!

Best Regards,

John D’Ambrosia

Chair, IEEE 802.3 400 Gb/s Ethernet Study Group