[802.3_400G] Chartering "Applications" Ad Hoc

All,

While pleased that we adopted several objectives last week, we need to recognize that we need to make progress on defining PHY objectives including reach, as well as get further supporting information for our response to the Broad Market Potential criteria.

To that end, I am chartering the creation of the “Applications” Ad Hoc.   The charter will be to gather information related to applications and their specific reach requirements to be used by the Study Group in determining its objectives and supporting Study Grup statetments regarding broad market potential.

I will assume the chair of this ad hoc.  The ad hoc will function similarly to the IEEE 802.3 BWA, where the schedule of teleconferences was based on the availability of new information.

Any individuals having relevant information are encouraged to contact me.

Regards,

John D’Ambrosia

Chair, IEEE 802.3 400 Gb/s Ethernet Study Group