Re: [802.3_400G] Breakout Functionality Objective

I don’t see an issue with the wording as it is.   It isn’t saying that all variants have to support break out, just that the project as a whole should provide “appropriate support for breakout”.  Also the word “appropriate” means that the task force could determine that compelling arguments mean that breakout shouldn’t be supported.   What I think it does is legitimize us providing some weighting to potential variants that do support breakout.

Mike Dudek

QLogic Corporation

Senior Manager Signal Integrity

26650 Aliso Viejo Parkway