[802.3_400G] New Ad Hocs (SMF / MMF) Charters

Dear Task Force Participants,

Per today’s teleconference, I am chartering the two following ad hocs -

SMF Ad hoc

I am appointing Pete Anslow to chair the SMF Ad Hoc.  The charter of the SMF Ad Hoc will be to initiate an assessment of proposals targeting SMF objectives.  The SMF Ad Hoc shall also provide feedback to the Task Force on how the SMF proposals may impact other aspects of the 400GbE project, such as architecture, electrical interfaces, FEC, OTN compatibility, or EEE.

MMF Ad hoc

I am appointing Jonathan King to chair the MMF Ad Hoc.  The charter of the MMF Ad Hoc will be to initiate an assessment of proposals targeting the MMF 100m objective.  The MMF Ad Hoc shall also provide feedback to the Task Force on how MMF proposals may impact other aspects of the 400GbE project, such as architecture, electrical interfaces, FEC, OTN compatibility, or EEE.

I am requesting that the chairs provide 2 weeks notice for ad hoc meetings.

I will begin work on getting the minutes from today’s call, as well as getting the ad hoc webpage area updated.  I will send out a notification later.

Regards,

John D’Ambrosia

Chair, IEEE P802.3bs 400 GbE Task  Force