Re: [STDS-802-3-400G] IEEE P802.3bs 400 Gb/s Ethernet Electrical Interface Ad Hoc conference call announcements

All

This is an announcement of three IEEE P802.3bs 400 Gb/s Ethernet Task Force Electrical Interface Ad Hoc conference call opportunities.

The calls will take place on:

Thursday, September 25th from 7:30am-9am PDT

Thursday, October 9th from 7:30am-9am PDT
Thursday, October 23rd from 7:30am-9am PDT

If you are interested in presenting, please request a timeslot by the end of Tuesday before each meeting.

If there are no requests for presentations, the calls will not be cancelled because we have tons of material to discuss even if there are no presentations, which is highly unlikely.

Joel and Vasu, your friendly ad-hoc Co-Chairs, have invited you to join the meetings using WebEx. Please join the meeting on time.

Our consensus strategy going forward to the Plenary will be the following:

1) Vasu, Joel, Beth, Marco, Rick will send out a presentation to discuss real life reach thoughts from past presentations so that you can read and enjoy well before the 25sept14 meeting time.  This will also give each of you time to dig into you SI box and bring forward channels that you believe are relevant to discussion.

Thursday, September 25th from 7:30am-9am PDT – channel discussions, real life reach thoughts, and channels that are important to consider

We are hoping each of you will dig into your SI Box and contribute channels for discussion that we can discuss in detail – send by Tuesday night before if you can.

2) Vasu, Vivek, Joel, and Beth will try our hardest to combine all the contributed channels people feel we need to consider into a form easy to simulate from.
This will give each of you time to rev up the simulator and crunch through coding and signaling on those channels that are interesting to consider.
Thursday, October 9th from 7:30am-9am PDT – Simulation discussion covering what coding / signaling methods work over channels that are important to consider
We hope to get a ton of presentations to evaluate coding and signaling methods over the discussed channels – send by Tuesday night before if you can..

3) We discuss and look for areas of consensus – Vasu and I will put that awesome consensus into a presentation and deliver it for presentation in the plenary – listing everyone that wants to be as supporters, contributors, etc should that all be agreed to do.

As always, please come forward with any presentation you believe makes sense to get us forward or that we just need to discuss.  Listed above is our 1-2-3 to get a few more things on the floor for motions if we can.  But that should not deter you from requesting presentation time for other things!!

As always – we are driving consensus and we like to see multiple email threads on the subject.  Looking forward to lots of discussion!!!

Thanks and take care
Joel / Vasu

WEBEX
Topic: MC Default