[STDS-802-3-400G] Reminder - Participation in IEEE 802

All,

As I noted at the last meeting – my responsibilities as an 802.3 WG Chair are specified in the 802.3 P&P.

3.4 Operation of the Task Force

The operation of the TF has to be balanced between democratic procedures that reflect the desires of the TF members and the TF Chair's responsibility to produce a draft standard, recommended practice, or guideline in a reasonable amount of time for review and approval by the WG.

3.4.3 Task Force Chair's Responsibilities

The main responsibility of the TF Chair is to ensure the production, and to guide through the approval and publication process, a draft standard, recommended practice or guideline, or revision to an existing document as defined by the relevant PAR.

I wish to remind all of you that your role as participants is addressed by the IEEE 802 Working Group P&P -

Subclause 7.2 WG membership status

Subclause 7.2.1. Establishment

WG members shall participate in the consensus process in a manner consistent with their professional expert opinion as individuals, and not as organizational representatives.

Please keep both of these in mind for the upcoming meeting, as I work towards fulfilling my obligations to move the project along in a fair democratic manner.

Regards,

John D’Ambrosia

Chair, IEEE P802.3bs 400GbE Task Force