From: DAmbrosia, John
Sent: Thursday, July 30, 2015 4:02 PM
To: STDS-802-3-400G@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: jdambrosia@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Sept 2015 - Agenda and Call for Presentations

All,
The IEEE P802.3bs 400 GbE Task Force will be meeting during the IEEE 802.3 September Interim Meeting (week of September 14, 2015).  Meeting details, hotel reservations and registration links may be found at the following URL: https://tools.sympose.com/event/coconutpoint_sept2015/.   Please make your hotel reservations as soon as possible.  Please note EARLY REGISTRATION FEE IS AVAILABLE UNTIL AUGUST 7, 2015 at 8pm EDT

The Task Force will be meeting Mon Sept 14 to noon Sept 16.      The scope and agenda of the meeting will be the review of the draft document that our editorial team is creating based on the adopted baseline proposals to enable its adoption and move forward into the Task Force Comment Phase.  Also, included for the meeting is contributions on the method of forming PCS lanes from FEC codewords, which is TBD and dependent on further error analysis.  Analysis provided on issues identified within our ad hocs will also be in scope.

Anyone wishing to present, please provide the following information (per Procedure for Presenters web page: http://www.ieee802.org/3/bs/public/presentproc.html)

Name of presenter (including affiliation)
Title of presentation
Length of time requested (this should include time for questions and answers)
Brief description of topic

Presentations should be kept to 20 minutes in duration, excluding time for questions and answers.  Requests for presentation time greater than 20 minutes will be considered on a case-by-case basis, and the requestor should contact the chair prior to making the request to justify the additional time.  As Chair, I reserve the right to introduce parties to each other in the interest of consensus building, if the two (or more) parties are planning a presentation on a similar topic.

The presentation request date is two Thursdays preceding the meeting.  For the Sept Interim meeting, requests for presentation time shall be made to me at jdambrosia@xxxxxxxx  and must be made by Thursday, Sept 3, 2015.  The presenter shall e-mail a PDF, soft-copy version of the presentation to me at jdambrosia@xxxxxxxx by Monday of the week preceding the meeting.  For the Sept Interim, presentations must be submitted by Monday, Sept 7, 2015..  While deadline dates have been provided, in the interest of meeting planning, I will appreciate if individuals contact me as soon as possible with their presentation requests.

As a reminder, please make sure that all requests for presentations or submissions of presentation material have no restrictive notices at the bottom of the email.  All such emails will be refused and requests / presentations will not be acknowledged.

All individuals submitting presentations should review the Procedures for Presenters Page: http://www.ieee802.org/3/bs/public/presentproc.html.

I would greatly appreciate presenters reviewing their own presentations to verify that they have followed the cited Presentation Style Guidelines.  Also, to support the web site search tool used by the IEEE P802.3 web site the 'Document Information' fields of the PDF file must be completed as follows:

Title: Title of presentation
Author: Name(s) of author(s)
Subject: IEEE P802.3bs 400GbE Task Force

As a reminder to the group, we are a contribution driven organization.   It should not be assumed by anyone that work will just get done without contributions to drive it.  Areas not moving forward will be brought to the attention of the Task Force for consideration on how to address.

I look forward to seeing everyone in Sept.  I wonder if there are turtles in a lagoon or some other amphibian?

Best Regards,

John D’Ambrosia
Chair, IEEE P802.3bs 400GbE Task Force
Tel:       717.256.1969