From: John D'Ambrosia [mailto:jdambrosia@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, December 03, 2015 6:00 AM
To: STDS-802-3-400G@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [STDS-802-3-400G] New 50G/100G/200G SG - Potential Impact on 802.3bs?

Dear Task Force Participants,

This email is to make sure that everyone is aware of conversations happening in the 50/100/200G Study Group Phone Conference that happened yesterday – Dec 2.  There has been discussion at how the multi-lane 100G/200G solutions might be rolled into the 802.3bs project.  To that end – I gave a presentation at the conference call that looked at potential modifications / additions to our PAR / CSD.  See http://www.ieee802.org/3/50G/public/adhoc/archive/dambrosia_120215_50GE_NGOATH_adhoc_v2.pdf

I encourage everyone to review this presentation and consider the findings on the last few pages.  Individuals may wish to participate in the upcoming 50/100/200G ad hoc calls that Mr. Nowell has planned.  For more information see http://www.ieee802.org/3/50G/public/adhoc/index.html.

I will be working on the meeting announcement for the January interim, and anticipate that there will be a joint session of our Task Force with the Study Groups to further consider these implications.

Regards,

John D’Ambrosia

Chair, IEEE P802.3bs 400GbE Task Force