Re: [STDS-802-3-400G] SMF web page - Monte Carlo MPI model file Update

Dear all,

I caught an error in my  Monte Carlo MPI spreadsheet model which was discussed during the January SMF ad hoc

http://www.ieee802.org/3/bs/public/adhoc/smf/index.shtml

and which was used to produce the plots of statistical MPI penalty in   king_01a_0116_smf.

The error means that MPI penalties due to IL in the first section of the link will be miscalculated (as if any loss in the first section wasn’t there).

The error doesn’t change any of the plots in king_01a_0116_smf or the conclusions.

It would affect anyone trying to look at the effect of link loss vs position in the link.

I’ve corrected the error in a new version and Pete has kindly uploaded it to the SMF ad hoc web page archive.

The new file is named:   king_02a_0116_smf.7z

As before, it’s a big spreadsheet which needs to be ‘unzipped’ and extended (as described in king_01a_0116_smf) before use.

Best wishes

Jonathan