Re: [STDS-802-3-400G] FW: [802.3_50G] 50 Gb/s and NGOATH Ethernet Study Group Web pages have been upload

Dear 50 Gb/s and NGOATH Ethernet Study Group Participants,

I have reviewed the uploaded presentations for next week’s meeting, and I find them exceptionally substantive and rich in content. It is clear that a lot of work went into their preparation. Many of the presentations could easily fill a 1hr time slot for detailed explanation and extensive discussion. Unfortunately, with the limited meeting time available, the Chair has had to fit all the presentations into 20min slots Wednesday; 15min presentation time, 5min Q&A.

This means that speakers will be rushing through their material. This is a lost opportunity. The purpose of industry experts coming together is to study and discuss issues in depth, especially at such a critical juncture when we are making decisions that will determine technology directions.

I am wondering if SG Participants would consider meeting for two hours after the social on Wednesday, for example 8pm to 10pm, so that the Chair has typical 25min slots to work with. The difference between 20min and 15min presentation time is significant.

Thank you

Chris