Re: [STDS-802-3-400G] Electrical Ad Hoc email straw poll on Annex 120E (C2M) Pattern generator characteristics tables

Hi Andre,

I support proposal 2 below.

Regards,

Stephane Dallaire

Inphi Corporation
535 Legget Drive, Suite 1000
Kanata, ON, Canada
K2K 3B8

613 595-4009

On Wed, Feb 3, 2016 at 5:16 AM, Andre Szczepanek <aszczepanek@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

In Monday’s Electrical ad hoc I proposed two alternative solutions to resolving the Pattern Generator Characteristics table TBDs (see snapshot of slide below).

These tables define the pattern generator jitter used in the Host & Module stressed input test procedures.

The first proposal uses a CAUI-4 C2M like definition of pattern generator jitter.

The second proposal uses CDAUI-8 C2C TP0a like definition of pattern generator (clock) jitter. CEI-56-VSR-PAM4 uses such a definition.

-          Although I have called out the 94.3.12.6.1 measurement method, the intention is “use CDAUI-8 C2C measurement method”.

The scope of this straw poll is not the specific table values, just the definition method:

Electrical ad hoc Straw Poll

I support a CAUI-4 C2M like definition of pattern generator jitter for the Host & Module stressed input test procedures                             ____

I support a CDAUI-8 C2C TP0a like definition of pattern generator (clock) jitter for the Host & Module stressed input test procedures   __X__

Please respond by EOD Sunday so I can present the results at Monday’s electrical ad hoc.

Regards

                   Andre Szczepanek (P802.3bs 400 Gb/s Ethernet Task Force Electrical Ad Hoc chair)