Re: [STDS-802-3-400G] IEEE P802.3bs 200 Gb/s and 400 Gb/s Ethernet SMF Ad Hoc conference call

Bill

I you send an email to the reflector you wouldn’t get a copy, but everyone else gets a copy.

In regard to your point why not use the 100G TRX blocks for 50G operation and have extra BW, at this point in time as shown with Winston results its tough even passing 50G PAM4 TX specification not
to mention 100G PAM4.  So trying to use 100G TRX’s for 50G at least for near term  significantly will add to the cost of 50G PAM4 links.  If you had that much excess BW then you be better off with 50G NRZ,
where you gain about 3.2 dBo.

Thanks,
Ali Ghiasi